Considering the move to create India as a cashless economy, Google has launched yet another product – UPI based payment mobile application called Tez. The Tez App is available for download for free on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Supports all major regional languages
The Tez App offers a quick system for easy money transfers from one bank account to another digitally. The App’s functionality is similar to the Indian government money transfer App, BHIM. Google Tez mobile app supports all major regional languages besides English, including Hindi, Bengali, Kannada, Tamil, Telegu, Marathi, and Gujarati.
Get Tez App pre-installed on these smartphones
Google will partner with smartphone manufacturing companies like Nokia, Micromax, Lava, Panasonic and Xolo for pre-loading the Google Tez app on their next to-be-launched smartphones.
Right now, Google Tez is limited to sending Rs 1 lakh per day, with a maximum limit of 20 transactions per day. However, your bank might have its own set of restrictions, depending on various factors.
App users can change their language option anytime as per their convenience. Any smartphone user can download/install the Tez mobile app from the play store, but to get it started, smartphone users would need to have the same phone number (linked to the bank account) in the same phone. You can also sync it with your Google account. Post this, you are required to setup Google Pin, a secure lock system, which will be required every time you open the application. However, the Pincode is not required to make transactions via using Tez app.
Google Tez App Features
Cash Mode Feature: Simple yet Secure
Tez mobile app is simple yet secure way of making payments online in India. The Google Tez enables you to make payment digitally without revealingly private or sensitive personal information, such as bank account and phone number. Cash Mode helps you make payment to another Tez app user instantly without sharing details.
- Bring two phones next to each other
- Hit pay or request
- Enter your UPI PIN and
- the payment transfers from one account to another.
Cash Mode feature employs an Audio QR technology, which enables user to transfer money conveniently and securely. It works on almost any smartphone in India, whether running on either of the OS platforms – Android or iOS.
Tez app uses your smartphone’s contact list to add people as beneficiaries for making payments. Furthermore, all your transactions made would be compiled as a conversation like any other chat apps.
Tez App partners with other entertainment apps
After installing Tez App, users can interact and make transactions easily with multiple partners without install multiple apps. As of now, Tez app has partnered with PVR Cinemas, redBus. The App would soon partner with other major brands such as DishTV, Dominos, Jet Airways and more.
All nationalised banks are included
To make transactions more secure and nationwide, the Tez app works with all of the listed 55 banks on UPI. Right now, the app offers four top banks in India — Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and State Bank of India.
Tez App Shield: Make your payment system more secure
Tez Shield works round the clock and uses multiple signals to help detect spam, fraud, prevent hacking. Your account is also safeguarded with security options including your phone security method such as passcode or fingerprint and a Google PIN code.
24×7 customer assistance
And if you ever get stuck at any stage or have a query in your mind regarding the use of the app, a dedicates customer service team has been setup on phone or chat support.
How to Setup Account and Earn Money through Google Tez App:
1. First download – Google Tez app
2. Select Language and Proceed Next
3. Enter Number & Verify via OTP (Use Same Number which you Registered in Bank Account)
4. Log in your Gmail account & Create Google Pin for Security.
5. On Top, You will See Add Bank Account, Select it OR, Go To Setting option > Bank Account > Select Your Bank Account.
6. Google Tez app will auto verify your number & fetch your Bank Details.
How to Transfer Money through Tez App
For making payments on Tez App, follow these steps:
- Tap on “New” in the bottom
- List of contacts with active Tez account is visible
- Choose one of these options –
• Pay using Account number and IFSC code
• Pay with UPI ID
• Scan QR code shared by the other person
• Pay with Tez user phone number
How to Receive Money through Tez App
Using Tez App, you can Pay or Receive money using Cash Mode feature. Follow these steps to make payment to another user.
- Tap the contact whom you want to pay
- You will see these two options – Pay and Request
- Tap on Pay and enter the amount you have to pay
- Enter the reason for payment
- Choose the bank account
- Tap on “Proceed to Pay” and
- Enter the UPI PIN to authenticate the transaction with the bank
In case of receiving the amount, follow these steps –
- Tap on the Request option
- Set the amount to receive and request it to approve from the sender
- The transaction involves two levels of security – one with the UPI PIN and the other with the Tez security itself.